In relationships, ENFPs are enthusiastic and skilled at reading their partner. ENFP compatibility is based on more than just looks. They value conversations about abstract topics and they work best with partners who can keep up with their quick mind. ENFPs have a warm presence and their spontaneous personality makes them fun to be around.
ENFPs are most compatible with partners who are future-focused and reliable. They value a steadfast partner who balances out their free-spirited nature. ENFPs are independent but they are also highly affectionate, which is an interesting combination of personality traits. ENFPs are most compatible with partners who challenge them intellectually.
ENFPs strongly value mutual support and growth in relationships. ENFPs see a relationship as having a partner in crime with whom they can go on adventure after adventure with. Despite seeming friendly when you first meet them, ENFPs can be surprisingly private and take a while open up. They feel everything deeply but they only share these feelings with people that they trust.
ENFP strengths in relationships
The following strengths are typical of ENFPs in relationships:
1. Open-minded. ENFPs are one of the most accepting and open-minded personality types. They are skilled at seeing things from different points of view. As long as their core values aren’t violated, ENFPs are supportive of their partners’ life decisions and they appreciate the same in return.
2. Independent. ENFPs value freedom and they have strong values that they must live in accordance with to be happy. This works both ways and they are more than happy to give their partner space when it’s needed.
3. Warm. They have a welcoming presence. ENFPs are a unique mixture of affectionate, charming and dynamic. All of these traits come together to give ENFPs a presence that draws people in. They have exceptional social skills and, partly as a result of this, ENFPs usually have a lot of friends.
4. Empathetic. They are a particularly sensitive personality type and compassion comes naturally to ENFPs. They often think about how they would feel if they were in someone else’s shoes. Relationships of all kinds are key to their happiness and they crave deep connections.
ENFP weaknesses in relationships
The following weaknesses can be typical of ENFPs in relationships:
1. Unpredictable. This personality type is known for diving into exciting projects…but they don’t always finish them! When a new idea takes hold of them, they can decide to pursue it and abandon their previous plans at very little notice, if they feel like it’s the right thing to do.
2. Overly emotional. ENFPs can react emotionally during stressful situations. When an ENFP feels passionately about something during an argument, logic can take a backseat. They can get caught up in their emotions, particularly if one of their deeply held values has been violated.
3. Seek external approval. ENFPs are people-oriented, which has a number of positives, but one of the weaknesses of this specific trait is and they can be overly-concerned about the opinions of others. Being well-liked is often important to this personality type.
4. Impractical. ENFPs tend to avoid administrative tasks and other day-to-day practical matters. Expect some missed appointments and the occasional last-minute bill payments. However, ENFPs can work on this and improve with self-discipline.
ENFPs can fall in love quickly when they meet someone who they are truly compatible with. ENFPs experience intense emotions and falling in love is an exciting adventure for this personality type. While ENFPs might fall in love quickly and appear to be open when you first meet them, they sometimes wait to share their feelings, especially if they have been hurt in the past. ENFPs have hidden depths that not everyone gets to see.
ENFP flirting style
ENFPs are one of the flirtiest personality types due to their open, expressive and playful nature. They are friendly and curious people. The mixture of these two traits mean that they tend to ask people a lot of questions, which can come across as flirty, even when they don’t mean to be. ENFPs can be ‘accidental flirts’!
ENFP sexual compatibility
ENFPs bring their playful and adventurous nature in the bedroom. They are open-minded and enjoy trying new things. ENFPs find sex much more fulfilling if their partner is someone with whom they share a meaningful connection. They are passionate lovers who see sex as another way of connecting and exploring. Seeing as ENFPs are highly in touch with their emotions, intimacy is important to this personality type. ENFPs are enthusiastic and spontaneous people, and this applies to their sex lives too.
ENFPs have a warm communication style and they usually focus on the big picture. They sometimes bounce from one idea to another and not everyone can keep up with their scattered thought pattern. ENFPs are known for asking a lot of questions because they are genuinely interested in understanding people on a deeper level. They don’t enjoy small talk and instead they’d rather discuss topics such as your life goals and philosophies.
ENFP compatibility with other personality types
ENFPs are people-oriented explorers who value meaningful relationships. They are best suited to partners who support them and provide a sense of stability that offers a perfect balance. INTJs and INFJs are the best matches for ENFPs.
1. ENFP – INTJ compatibility. ENFPs are attracted to the intellectual, determined, and collected nature of INTJs. They are full of new ideas and INTJs can help ENFPs channel them into actionable plans. INTJs are attracted to the playful, fun, and bubbly nature of ENFPs. ENFPs can encourage INTJs to step out of their comfort zone and try new things.
2. ENFP – INFJ compatibility. ENFPs are attracted to the depth, thoughtfulness, and empathy of INFJs. They can sometimes lack direction and INFJs can help ENFPs be more grounded and focused. INFJs are attracted to the positive, kind, and insightful nature of ENFPs. ENFPs help INFJs let loose and have some fun.