In relationships, ENTPs are dynamic and enthusiastic. ENTPs feel the strongest sense of compatibility with partners who challenge them and keep them intrigued. They are sharp and spontaneous people who love to learn about a wide range of topics. ENTPs are one of the most curious personality types and they love to figure people out.
ENTPs are most compatible with partners who are intelligent and open-minded. They need someone who they can intellectually with and who doesn’t place too much value on tradition because ENTPs as about as far from traditional as you can get. ENTPs get bored easily so they are drawn to people who can keep them interested, in one way or another. They are attracted to people with a quiet confidence that balances out their more chaotic traits.
ENTPs are spontaneous and creative in relationships…there’s never a dull moment! They’re the type to whisk you away at a moment’s notice to a surprise destination. ENTPs sometimes struggle to understand their emotions and they’re an unique mixture of private and open. ENTPs are extremely charming and they are usually quite relaxed when it comes to dating. They enjoy variety and are happy to date casually, for a while at least, but they do value deeper connections. In fact, they are one of the types who find it easiest to move on from a relationship.
ENTP strengths in relationships
The following strengths are typical of ENTPs in relationships:
1. Inventive. ENTPs are original and innovative. They have a knack for working things out and solving problems. ENTPs are one of the personality types who are most likely to think outside the box and come up with original ideas. They have a unique way of approaching life and challenges.
2. Open-minded. ENTPs are open-minded and always keen to hear new perspectives. They are known for playing devil’s advocate because it helps them come to logical conclusions. The major advantage of this is that ENTPs are open to all kinds of ideas in relationships.
3. Spontaneous. ENTPs are spontaneous. They aren’t the type to be waking up at 7:30am on the dot every day…ENTPs love variety and they are fun-loving personality types. They jump at opportunities and aren’t afraid to take a chance, which can be an attractive quality.
4. Laid-back. ENTPs are easy-going and flexible. They take a pragmatic and logical approach to life. ENTPs realize that there are a lot of things out of their control and they don’t tend to worry about these things which makes them one of the most laid-back personality types.
ENTP weaknesses in relationships
The following weaknesses can be typical of ENTPs in relationships:
1. Argumentative. ENTPs can be argumentative and can take their need to play devil’s advocate a little too far and now know when to stop. This can frustrate some people, particularly those who don’t get the same satisfaction from picking apart arguments and who highly value harmony.
2. Lack of follow-through. ENTPs are known for enthusiastically starting project after project…but they don’t always finish them! They can get bored and move on to the next exciting adventure which means they don’t always follow through with their places which can be frustrating for partners sometimes.
3. Risky behaviour. ENTPs are adrenaline junkies and can engage in risky behaviours. They have an insatiable curiosity to try new things and to have a range of experiences. They live life in the fast lane and if their partner doesn’t have the same risk tolerance, this can cause arguments.
4. Procrastination. ENTPs aren’t short of ideas, that’s for sure, but they don’t always convert them into concrete plans. This usually happens when they suddenly loose interest in something or they are working out what the most exciting option would be. It can be confusing for their partners, especially if they are the type to follow a set plan.
ENTPs fall in love hard and fast when they meet the right person. They rarely meet people who manage to hold their interest, but when they do, they’ll fall head over heels in love. ENTPs embrace the rush that comes with falling in love and they’ll ask lots of questions to understand how their partner sees the world.
ENTPs are certainly flirty people. They have an air of confidence and a playful nature. ENTPs are one of the most charming personality types and they often tease people as a way of flirting. ENTPs have a knack for reading people and know how to push their buttons. Plus, they joke around a lot, and even more so with people they fancy.
ENTP sexual compatibility
ENTPs are adventurous, passionate and intense in the bedroom. They are usually comfortable with casual sex. For ENTPs, sex is another realm of exploration. That being said, ENTPs do tend to enjoy sex more when it’s with someone that they feel a strong sense of compatibility with. Seeing as they can find it hard to express their emotions, sex can be a way of deepening a bond and it’s an important part of a relationship for this personality type.
ENTPs have a bold and direct way of communicating. They’re clear in the way they express their thoughts and quick at thinking on their feet. ENTPs are skilled conversationalists due to their ability to read people, knowledge of obscure topics and sharp mind. However, they are less comfortable communicating their feelings and it can take time for people of this personality type to open up.
ENTP compatibility with other personality types
ENTPs are witty and resourceful individuals who are attracted to people with many layers. ENTPs are most compatible with partners with a quiet inner strength. INFJs and INTJs are the best matches for ENTPs.
1. ENTP – INFJ relationships. ENTPs are attracted to the calm, intelligent, and imaginative nature of INFJs. INFJs can help keep ENTPs on track and they often spend hours engaging in deep conversations. INFJs are attracted to the intellect, confidence, and energy of ENTPs. ENTPs help INFJs grow by pushing them out of their comfort zone.
2. ENTP – INTJ relationships. ENTPs are attracted to the determined, intense, and strong-minded nature of INTJs. INTJs can keep ENTPs interested and they know exactly how to handle them. INTJs are attracted to the dynamic, creative, and enthusiastic nature of ENTPs. ENTPs introduce INTJs to new concepts which makes for stimulating conversations.