Anxiety can be a very debilitating condition, and it can be hard to find the motivation to get through each day. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 50 helpful quotes for people with anxiety. These quotes come from a variety of sources, including famous authors, celebrities, and other people who have struggled with anxiety. We hope that these quotes will help you to find some peace and happiness in your life, even when things are tough.
Anxiety is one of the most common conditions that affect people today. It can be crippling and overwhelming, making it hard to function in everyday life. But, with the right support and understanding, it is possible to overcome anxiety and live a full and meaningful life.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something that may happen in the future. It is a normal reaction to stress, and it can be beneficial in some situations. However, when anxiety persists and interferes with daily life, it may be an indication of an anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders are real, serious medical conditions that affect millions of people.
Anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Each of these conditions has its own unique set of signs and symptoms. Common symptoms of anxiety disorders include persistent worrying or dread, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, fatigue, irritability, sleep problems, and physical symptoms such as muscle tension, rapid heartbeat, and sweating.
No matter what type or degree of anxiety you may struggle with, it’s important to know that you are not alone. There are countless resources and tools that are available to help you deal with these symptoms. You do not have to suffer alone. As you’ll see from these 50 quotes for anxiety, there are many people out there who understand what you are going through.
50 Helpful Quotes For People With Anxiety
These 50 different quotes for people with anxiety won’t take away all of your problems, but they will bring you comfort in knowing that there are other people out there who understand and empathize with what you are feeling. Please know that you are not alone in how you feel, and you don’t have to struggle alone. Read on to see these 50 helpful quotes:
1. “I just give myself permission to suck…I find this hugely liberating.” – John Green
2. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Anonymous proverb
3. Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” – Arthur Somers Roche
4. “How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.” – Thomas Jefferson
5. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” – David Mamet
6. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” – Virginia Woolf
7. “Breathe darling. This is just a chapter. It’s not your whole story.” – S.C. Lourie
8. “Mantra for Anxiety: This is not you. This is something moving through you. It can leave out of the same door it came in.” – James Clear
9. “Let your mind and heart rest for a while. You will catch up, the world will not stop spinning for you, but you will catch up. Take a rest.” – Cynthia Go
10. “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.” – Soren Kierkegaard
11. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
12. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it— just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
13. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
14. “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.” – Anais Nin
15. “Feeling the need to be busy all the time is a trauma based response and fear-based distraction you’d be forced to acknowledge and feel if you slowed down.” – Tutu Mora
16. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
– Thich Nhat Hanh
17. “You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.”
– Dan Millman
18. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
– Anne Lamott
19. “Stop telling people no one will love them until they love themselves. Stop planting the idea in people’s brains that they are unworthy of love because of their own struggle.” – @jackalltimelow
20. “I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve, and in their blindness and folly built up a great distorted wall in front of them that hid the truth.” – Daphne du Maurier
21. “Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. ” – Ann Brashares
22. “The fear of being laughed at makes cowards of us all.” – Mignon McLaughlin
23. “You are not weak. People like us, we’re brave. We’re the ones who get up and face our worst fears every day. We keep fighting.” – Jen Wilde
24. “I won’t let my pain turn my heart into something ugly. I will show you that surviving can be beautiful.” – Christy Ann Martine
25. “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will too.” – Jennae Cecilia
26. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
27. “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.” – Swedish proverb
28. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
29. “There are these moments you think you won’t survive. And then you survive.” – David Levithan
30. “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety doesn’t make them less valid.” – Lauren Elizabeth
31. “Some days, doing ‘the best we can’ may still fall short of what we would like to be able to do, but life isn’t perfect—on any front—and doing what we can with what we have is the most we should expect of ourselves or anyone else.” – Fred Rogers
32. “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety doesn’t make them less valid.” – Lauren Elizabeth
33. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney J. Harris
34. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
35. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt
36. “Everyone remembers the remark of the old man at the point of death, that his life had been full of troubles—most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill
37. “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.” – Charles Glassman
38. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
39. “Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally…Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
40. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeleine L’Engle
41. “Become a worry-slapper. Treat frets like mosquitoes. Do you procrastinate when a bloodsucking bug lights on your skin? ‘I’ll take care of it in a moment.’ Of course, you don’t! You give the critter the slap it deserves. Be equally decisive with anxiety.” – Max Lucado
42. “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.” – Jack Kornfield
43. “The truth is some days I don’t give it my best. I don’t even give it my all. I can only manage to give it my some, and it’s not even that great. But I’m still here and I’m still trying.” – Nanea Hoffman
44. “There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won’t cure, but I don’t know many of them.” – Sylvia Plath
45. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
46. “The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.” – Joel Osteen
47. “Stress is the alarm clock that lets you know you’ve attached to something not true for you.” – Byron Katie
48. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” – Mitch Albom
49. “Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we’re taking on too much, but because we’re taking on too little of what really strengthens us.” – Marcus Buckingham
50. “I lied and said I was busy. I was busy but not in a way most people understand. I was busy taking deeper breaths. I was busy silencing irrational thoughts. I was busy calming a racing heart. I was busy telling myself I am okay. Sometimes this is my busy and I will not apologize for it.” – B. Oakman
How can these quotes for anxiety help you?
Quotes for anxiety can help you in a few ways. First, they can provide support and understanding. When you read or hear a quote that resonates with your experience, it can be validating and reassuring.
Additionally, quotes for anxiety can help you to reframe your thoughts and see your situation in a new light. By providing perspectives that are different from your own, quotes can help you to gain a more holistic view of your anxiety and how to address it.
Finally, quotes for anxiety can be a source of inspiration. When you feel overwhelmed or discouraged, reading or hearing a motivational quote can give you the boost you need to keep moving forward. Whether it’s a famous saying or a personal anecdote, quotes can be powerful sources of encouragement.
No matter what your experience with anxiety is, there are uplifting and inspiring quotes out there to help you, amongst a number of other helpful resources.
Anxiety is an unfortunate and unavoidable part of life for some of us. By understanding that this is your brain trying to tell you certain things and trying to sabotage your peace, you can start to take the power back.
These quotes are, by no means, the only way to help yourself and we encourage you to reach out for help from loved ones or from professionals. Getting outside in nature, prioritizing rest, eating well, and different forms of therapy can all be excellent ways to combat periods of anxiety. Hopefully, with the help of these quotes for anxiety, you can start to take steps to help manage your anxiety.
At So Syncd we believe in the power of self-awareness. If you can get to know yourself then you can attract people who will love you for who you are. So if you know your worth and you’re looking for someone else who can love you for who you are, then join the thousands of people who have found love on So Syncd today to find someone who truly loves you for you.
At So Syncd, we believe self-discovery is important to help you understand yourself better. Take our free 5-minute personality test to learn your personality type and share the test with your partner and friends to learn more about them too.