In a society that often celebrates extroversion, it’s important to recognize and cater to those who are naturally quieter and more introspective. If you’re an introvert seeking meaningful connections in a digital landscape, this blog is here to guide you through the realm of dating apps that cater to your needs as an introvert.
Why is dating hard for introverts?
To start with, we have limited social energy, and going on date after date can be exhausting. Not only that, but we also dislike small talk, and we need someone who understands our introverted tendencies. A lot of dating apps are superficial and just aren’t designed for people looking for deeper connections. But what if there was a dating app for introverts? Or a dating site for introverts?
Enter So Syncd, the best dating app for introverts.
Is online dating worth it for introverts?
Yes, online dating is absolutely worth it for introverts. In fact, there are many advantages of online dating for those of us who need alone time to recharge. For starters, you can take time to decide how to reply, which is helpful for us introverts who like to think before we speak. Secondly, you can online date from the comfort of your own home, which is particularly useful if you’re in need of some alone time.
The good news is that with the right tips and tools, online dating can be much easier for introverts.
What is the best dating app for introverts?
So Syncd is the best dating app for introverts. The concept behind the app is that it matches compatible personality types. It attracts people who are looking for a meaningful connection, and 70% of its users are introverts. Despite being a new dating app for introverts, it has already helped over 1,000 introverts find love.
Is there a dating site for introverts?
So Syncd is partly a dating site for introverts. You can sign up and take our free personality test online, but you’ll then need to download our app to match with people and send messages.
Online dating tips for introverts
If you’re looking to meet ‘the one’, we have some tips for using a dating app or dating site as an introvert.
- Don’t overthink. Introverts spend a lot of time in their heads and are more prone to overthinking situations than extroverts. If you are over 18 and you know you want to date, just go for it. Download So Syncd and start matching. Always remember to be safe, though.
- Be honest. Sure, you don’t have to share every detail of your life in the first few messages (in fact, you shouldn’t!), but honesty is the best policy when it comes to online dating. If you lie about something in the early days it will break trust when your date discovers the truth.
- Move at a speed that feels right. As an introvert, you might want to move a little more slowly when it comes to dating. You just need to listen to your intuition and go along with whatever feels right. If someone’s trying to move things forward faster you can explain that you’re not ready yet. If they care about you, they’ll respect that.
4. Embrace your introversion. Your introversion is part of you as a person; it makes you who you are. Yes, society is built for extroverts, but introversion can be a strength. When you meet someone who you are truly compatible with, they will love you as you are.
5. Be patient. This applies to online dating in general, not only to introverts, but patience is key. It’s unlikely that you’ll meet your perfect match on day one (although we have had that happen quite a few times now!), so you need to be prepared for the fact that it might take some time.
How to create the best dating profile as an introvert
So we’ve shared our tips for online dating as an introvert, but what’s the next step after you’ve signed up for an introvert dating site? Now we have some advice for creating the best introvert dating profile.
- Show your personality. Introverts are private by nature, and sharing part of themselves with people they’ve never met online doesn’t come naturally. But if you want matches on an introvert dating app, you need to share some of your personality. An added advantage of this is it can spark some great first conversations.
- Keep it short and sweet. This might sound contradictory to our first tip, but they can work together. There’s a balance between sharing enough about yourself to give someone an idea of what you’re like as a person and going into too much detail. Profiles with more information get more matches on our dating app up until a point. Think of your profile as a blurb of a book. Ideally, you’ll share just enough to intrigue potential dates and make them want to know more.
- Show, don’t tell. Show what you’re like as a person rather than telling people you have certain traits. It comes across as much more authentic, and it’s more interesting when there is some context around personality traits. For example, instead of saying you’re an introvert who loves watching movies, add a couple of sentences about your favorite movie and why you love it so much. Or instead of saying you love to travel, write about a fun experience you had while you were abroad.
- Add photos that are flattering but realistic. Profiles with more photos also get more matches. As a minimum, you should add three photos of you by yourself and, ideally, even more. Your photos should be flattering yet realistic. Show your best side in your photos but make sure that they are realistic. You don’t want people to be surprised when they meet you in person because you don’t look like your dating app photos.
- Positivity is key. Focus on your positives and avoid adding negative phrases like “don’t contact me if you have commitment issues” to your profile. It’s not the way to attract high-quality dates. If there are dealbreakers that you want to get across, that’s fine, especially if it saves everyone time, but frame them in a positive way.
Tips for dating introverts
Introverts can be hard to understand because they are generally private by nature. We have some advice for extroverts dating an introvert.
- Understand that they’ll need alone time. Introverts need alone time to recharge and feel their best. It doesn’t mean that they don’t care about you; they simply need time to themselves; otherwise, they will feel drained and exhausted.
- Introverts take time to think. Extroverts tend to think out loud, while introverts prefer quiet and calm environments to clarify their thoughts. They might not respond immediately during an argument because they’ll want time to process information.
- Skip the small talk. Small talk is tiring for introverts. Seeing as introverts have limited social energy, they’d rather spend it on deeper topics that forge meaningful connections. Talking about the weather just doesn’t do it for introverts.
- Introverts are happiest in calm environments. Introverts are more sensitive to external stimuli than extroverts, so they can become overwhelmed if they are in loud places for long periods of time.
- Accept your introvert as they are. A lot of introverts feel like they don’t fit in. The world is designed primarily for extroverts, with extroversion being rewarded in a variety of ways. Accepting an introvert as they are is one of the best things you can do for them.
We hope these tips are helpful, but it’s also worth noting that it should be a two-way street. At times, mutual understanding will do the trick, but sometimes you’ll need to compromise.
What is it like dating an introvert man?
Dating an introvert man is different from dating an extrovert man. Your introvert man will keep himself to himself. Introverts aren’t necessarily shy, and your introvert man is certainly capable of being self-confident, but he won’t enjoy being the center of attention. If you take your introvert man to social events, he’ll need some time alone afterward. Dating an introvert man can be incredibly fulfilling, but it can take effort to understand him.
What is it like dating an introvert woman?
Dating an introvert woman can take some work if you aren’t an introvert yourself. She won’t be out and about seeing friends all the time. By definition, she’ll need alone time to recharge. Your introvert woman will feel drained when she’s around people too much, and she’ll need time alone to process her thoughts. Dating an introvert woman can be an incredible experience, but you will need to make an effort to understand her.
Should two introverts date?
There are advantages of two introverts dating. One of the biggest benefits is you won’t need to explain yourself when it comes to your introverted tendencies. Fancy another night in? Well, there’s no risk of your partner not understanding why. Plus, fellow introverts are usually comfortable with silence, and they won’t be wanting to go to loud bars for hours on end. However, there is a risk with an introvert pairing that you end up not pushing each other out of your comfort zone.
Should an introvert date an extrovert?
Again, there are benefits and challenges to this pairing too. A key positive of an introvert–extrovert pair is that they complement each other. Extroverts inspire introverts to get out there and do things that they might not usually do, whereas introverts encourage extroverts to slow down and take time to reflect. This kind of pairing can inspire personal growth. However, both parties will need to make an effort to understand each other and their different ways of living life.
So, now you’re ready to find your perfect match on So Syncd, the introvert-friendly dating app!