In relationships, ISFPs are passionate and adaptable. As sensitive individuals who value meaningful connections, they are highly emotional. But they can come across as unemotional in the early stages of a relationship because it takes them a while to open up.
ISFPs are romantic and caring in a relationship. They are the ultimate free spirits who are full of emotions and dreams. People are often attracted to the fact that ISFPs are highly imaginative yet somehow manage to live in the here and now.
ISFP compatibility chart
Our ISFP compatibility chart lets you know which personality types are the most and least compatible matches for ISFPs. Ultimately, ISFPs are most compatible with partners who are decisive and active.
As people who value variety, ISFPs tend to feel the strongest connection with people who are outgoing and adventurous.
As true idealists, finding a deep connection is extremely important to people of this personality type. When they do find that special someone, they are passionate and committed partners.
If you’ve checked out our ISFP compatibility chart and you’re ready to find your perfect personality match, download So Syncd, the personality type dating app.
It’s rare for ISFPs to make the first move when dating as they have a naturally reserved nature. They are usually drawn to people who are happy to take the lead.
They are one of the most sensual personality types and ISFPs tend to dislike casual dating. ISFPs love adventures and they appreciate new experiences when going on dates.
ISFP strengths in relationships
The following strengths are typical of ISFPs:
1. Accepting. ISFPs are one of the most open-minded and accepting personality types. They realize that different ways of living suit different people and as long as their core values aren’t violated, ISFPs are supportive of their partner exploring new things.
2. Independent. ISFPs strongly value freedom. In order to feel happy, they need to follow their heart and anyone they date should appreciate this and give them the space they need. As introverts, ISFPs need alone time to recharge and embrace their artistic side.
3. Sensual. ISFPs are sensual and they live in the moment. They’re affectionate and they value physical touch, but only once they know someone well and feel fully comfortable with them. Full of imagination, ISFPs love bringing their ideas to life in the physical world.
4. Caring. ISFPs are sensitive and caring. They are often able to see situations from their partner’s point of view which is one of the reasons why they tend to be empathetic. Plus, people of this personality type are especially thoughtful, both when dating and in a relationship.
ISFP weaknesses in relationships
The following weaknesses can be typical of ISFPs:
1. Overly idealistic. ISFPs are sometimes too idealistic and can end up putting their partner on a pedestal. If they don’t make a conscious effort to reign in their idealism, it can cause friction in relationships when the ISFP’s partner doesn’t live up to these often-unattainable standards.
2. Highly emotional. ISFPs can react emotionally during stressful situations which can be difficult for partners to deal with. When an ISFP feels strongly about something during an argument, they can get completely caught up in their emotions, particularly if a closely held value has been violated.
3. Averse to criticism. ISFPs can be averse to criticism and can end up taking it personally. They can feel hurt by negative feedback, even if it was shared with good intentions because their identity is connected so strongly to everything that they do. However, ISFPs can work on this.
4. Disorganized. ISFPs are one of the least organized personality types. As a result, they may turn up late for your date or forget to pay bills. Structure and routine just don’t come naturally to people of this personality type and they often forget to put things away in their correct places, which can be frustrating for partners who value tidiness.
ISFPs fall in love hard and fast. Their free-spirited and passionate nature mean that they can become completely immersed in their emotions, and it’s very clear to them whether someone is right or not.
Despite this, they are usually quite shy and they wait a while before expressing their love, rather than sharing their feelings right away.
ISFP flirting style
ISFPs are flirty, but not until they’ve taken the time to get to know their love interest. If they like someone, it might not be obvious because they can be quite reserved, especially initially.
When they do reach the point where they feel comfortable with someone, they’ll come out of their shell and be their naturally playful selves.
ISFP sexual energy
ISFPs have an intense and passionate sexual energy. As a highly curious personality type, they love to explore, and this applies to their sex lives too.
As highly physical people, sex is important to ISFPs and they often have a wild side that comes out in the bedroom. However, ISFPs enjoy sex more when it’s with someone with who they feel a strong connection.
ISFPs have a gentle communication style. They have a lot going on inside their heads but they sometimes find it difficult to put their thoughts into words.
With their receptive nature, ISFPs are some of the best listeners out there. However, they sometimes forget to look at the big picture.
When it comes to conversation topics, ISFPs love exploring new ideas, especially more down-to-earth concepts that have practical applications.
ISFP best matches
Not sure if you or your partner are an ISFP? You can take our ISFP personality test for free today. ISFPs are creative yet level-headed personality types who are attracted to people who are ambitious and dynamic. Essentially, ISFPs work best with partners who give them freedom.
1. ISFP – ESTJ relationships (soulmate compatibility): ISFPs are attracted to the stable, sociable, and loyal nature of ESFJs. ESFJs help ISFPs come up with specific plans to achieve their dreams. ESFJs are attracted to the artistic, sensual, and easy-going nature of ISFPs. ISFPs can help ESFJs relax and realize that they don’t always have to plan everything in advance.
2. ISFP – ESFJ relationships (soulmate compatibility): ISFPs are attracted to the deliberate, ambitious, and dedicated nature of ESTJs. ESTJs help ISFPs organize their lives and achieve their goals. ESTJs are attracted to the flexible, passionate, and creative nature of ISFPs. ISFPs help ESTJs be less rigid and they add some spontaneity to their lives.
ISFP compatibility with all personality types
We have comprehensive guides to the compatibility of ISFPs with each type. Click the links below to read each one:
- • ISFP – INFP relationships: challenging compatibility.
- • ISFP – ENFP relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISFP – INFJ relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISFP – ENFJ relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISFP – INTP relationships: challenging compatibility.
- • ISFP – ENTP relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISFP – INTJ relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISFP – ENTJ relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISFP – ISFJ relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISFP – ESFJ relationships: soulmate compatibility.
- • ISFP – ISTJ relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISFP – ESTJ relationships: soulmate compatibility.
- • ISFP – ISFP relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISFP – ESFP relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISFP – ISTP relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISFP – ESTP relationships: unique compatibility.
Find your perfect personality match today
If you’ve enjoyed this blog post and learned who you are most compatible with using our ISFP compatibility chart, join our dating app based on the 16 personality types today to meet your perfect personality match. You can download So Syncd in your iOS or Android app store.