Today we look at 28 funny memes that any INFJ will relate to. INFJs are the rarest personality type. They are complex, unique individuals who want to make the world a better place.
INFJs are incredibly intuitive and empathetic which is both their strength and their weakness. Needing plenty of alone time to recharge and rest, INFJs can easily get burnout from too much socializing.
When an INFJ finds someone who gets them, they are incredibly loyal and dedicated, as this doesn’t happen all that often! INFJs are usually misunderstood because of their many contrasting personality traits: private yet needing deep connections, quiet and reserved yet wanting to help others… the list goes on!
These funny INFJ memes show how at So Syncd INFJs are known as ‘So Thoughtful’. This is because there is no one quite like an INFJ when it comes to their desire to listen and empathize with people. They are also known as The Advocate, The Mystic, and The Counselor.
An INFJ may come across as people-oriented and this can occasionally mean that people mistake them for extroverts. But don’t be mistaken, INFJs need to be alone in order to recover from all that empathizing they do!
Always chasing deep connections and trying to avoid too much superficial socializing, INFJs are one-of-a-kind, as you’ll see from these funny and relatable INFJ memes.
INFJs are private
1. Although they crave meaningful connections with people, an INFJ’s tendency to avoid social interaction means it can be hard for people to really get to know them! Don’t be put off though. Once you break down their walls INFJs make the best, most loyal friends anyone could ask for!
2. INFJs are complex and private people. Even when you think they might be starting to open up to you, rest assured, there are plenty more layers to get through before you can really say you get them!
3. But don’t worry! Once you do get through to them, an INFJ will tell you every deep and dark detail of their life, every thought they’ve had, and every way in which they want to help the world. You won’t know how to get them to stop!
INFJs are complex
4. Whilst INFJs feel a strong desire to help people, they simultaneously want to avoid people and can find them tiring!
5. This INFJ meme only goes to show just how complex INFJs truly are. Prepare to take some time to really get to know the personality of your INFJ friend because, in the end, it’s totally worth it.
6. INFJs are people who need to be alone but also crave connections with other people. This is sometimes a difficult balancing act to master.
INFJs are loyal
7. Because it takes time and effort for an INFJ to truly connect with someone who gets them, once they have found that special person, they are the most loyal and dedicated person around. An INFJ friend is a friend for life!
INFJs need alone time
8. It can only be a matter of seconds for an INFJ to go from enjoying time with loved ones to needing alone time.
9. Occasionally, an INFJ will agree to come along to social events but be warned, they will be experiencing deep regret when it comes to the day of the event.
10. This meme sums up perfectly how an INFJ feels when their (usually extrovert – *ENFPs I’m looking at you!*) friends take them out to venture into the world.
11. INFJs can find socializing stressful, to say the least – look out for your INFJ friend when you’re out and about!
12. But whilst INFJs want to be alone, they also need to have deep connections with the people in their lives. This is why it’s so important for INFJs to find someone who gets them and knows when to leave them alone (but not too alone!).
13. So whatever you do, don’t just turn up at an INFJs house unexpectedly and interrupt their precious alone time!
INFJs want to be understood
14. INFJs need someone who understands that they need alone time, but not to leave them alone. Oh, and they want to have connections, but without all of the socializing that comes with it, okay? Simple! Don’t let them wait around like Kermit in this meme…
INFJs are overthinkers
15. As is the case with most introverted personality types (and even more so with INFJs), it can be the smallest, most insignificant incident, and they will be overthinking it for days afterward.
16. Those memories can haunt an INFJ years later. Just when they think their brain is done overthinking… BOOM!
17. From the outside, it might look like INFJs are reflecting on what you just said, but the reality is that they’re probably overthinking and overanalyzing something they said three days ago!
INFJs can be sensitive
18. Due to their intuitive nature, INFJs can be extremely sensitive to any changes in their surroundings, usually questioning and overthinking these minute differences.
19. This meme shows another classic INFJ characteristic: when someone’s behavior changes you immediately assume it’s all your fault. I’m sure all INFJs have been there!
20. INFJs strength is that they can be highly in tune with other people’s emotions (this is what makes them such great caregivers after all!), but this also means that they feel others’ emotions as if they are their own!
21. It doesn’t take much for an INFJ’s brain to jump to conclusions! The smallest change in someone’s tone over a text…? Better start overthinking and reading into that straight away!
22. Because INFJs pour so much of themselves into other people, it means the world to them when people show care back to them. Even just remembering the little details means the world to an INFJ.
INFJs sometimes struggle with social interaction
23. This INFJ meme speaks for itself! Don’t take it personally when your INFJ friend needs to distance themselves from you in order to recharge. They’ll resurface again when they’re ready.
24. INFJs will do anything to avoid small talk chit-chat. So when they launch straight into a deep and meaningful conversation, it can be a little overwhelming for those who are used to simply chatting about the weather.
25. INFJs are full of paradoxes: wanting to be alone, but also wanting connections, wanting to help people, but also finding them exhausting. Life isn’t usually simple for an INFJ.
26. I’m sure this meme is relatable to most INFJs. All it takes is to be surrounded by ‘seemingly normal’ people engaging in small talk, and an INFJ is back to feeling misunderstood and like they don’t belong.
27. Sometimes, the perfect social interaction will take place for an INFJ… but it’s 6 hours later…. In their head…
28. It’s a fine balancing act for INFJs to keep up their friendly and caring exterior, whilst combining this with their inner, more intense side!
We hope you enjoyed these relatable INFJ memes! We love INFJs and their unique characteristics. You can see from these memes that it’s super important for INFJs to find someone who gets them.
INFJs are best matched with ENTPs and ENFPs. You can read our complete guide to INFJ compatibility to learn more.
We have tried our hardest to ensure all sources have been cited, but if you would like credit for any content, please contact us!