In relationships, ISTJs are dependable and loyal. They are honest and logical people who always stick to their word. Deeply dedicated and loyal, ISTJs make a huge effort when it comes to relationships and they’ll work tirelessly to ensure their loved ones have everything they need.
ISTJs are steadfast and considerate. They are rational personality types who can sometimes come across as cold, but that’s certainly not what they feel underneath, particularly when it comes to people they care about.
ISTJ compatibility chart
Our ISTJ compatibility chart lets you know which personality types are the most and least compatible matches for ISTJs. Ultimately, ISTJs are most compatible with partners who are spontaneous and playful.
As one of the most serious personality types, a dash of spontaneity can help push them out of their comfort zone.
ISTJs work well with people who are easy-going and balance out their highly organized way of life. They take their responsibilities very seriously you can always rely on them to see things through to completion.
If you’ve checked out our ISTJ compatibility chart and you’re ready to find your perfect personality match, download So Syncd, the personality type dating app.
ISTJs are reserved but they’ll sometimes make the first move. They just like to feel confident that their affection is reciprocated before they do because they aren’t known to be the biggest risk-takers.
When dating, ISTJs can be counted on to show up on time and they are amazing listeners. ISTJs tend to dislike casual dating and they are much more comfortable being in a long-term relationship with a partner with whom they share a meaningful connection.
ISTJ strengths in relationships
The following strengths are typical of ISTJs:
1. Loyal. ISTJs are one of the most loyal personality types. They’re the type who will stick by your side through thick and thin. ISTJs will go above and beyond to protect their loved ones and they are known for sticking to their word.
2. Dedicated. ISTJs are dedicated when it comes to relationships and they tend to be faithful to their partners. Their devoted nature means that once they’ve committed to a relationship, they’ll do everything they can to ensure it’s the best it can be.
3. Good listeners. ISTJs are amazing listeners. As introverts, they tend to be happy doing less of the talking and they are extremely patient. As a result, they pay close attention to what their partner is saying. Plus, they have amazing memories so they clearly remember conversations.
4. Pragmatic. ISTJs are pragmatic. They focus on logic and details. ISTJs are particularly good at accepting criticism. They’re able to see it objectively and when they’re criticized, they’ll take a step back and analyze the situation by looking at the facts.
ISTJ weaknesses in relationships
The following weaknesses can be typical of ISTJs:
1. Narrow-minded. ISTJs can be narrow-minded. They are traditional and can expect others to uphold similar values to themselves. ISTJs can find it hard to see things from other people’s points of view. They do a lot of research before they come to conclusions and it can be hard to change their mind.
2. Private. ISTJs tend to be very private individuals. They can find emotions confusing and uncomfortable because they are so far away from the logic that they prefer to live by. It can take ISTJs a long time to open up and share their feelings with their partner.
3. Judgmental. ISTJs can be judgmental. They have a set way of looking at the world and they have strong opinions on how people should live their lives. ISTJs are one of the types who are most likely to obey the rules and they can be scathing of those who don’t.
4. Unaffectionate. ISTJs can come across as cold, even when they care deeply about their partner. Overt displays of affection just don’t come naturally to people of this personality type. ISTJs don’t show their love through constant hugs and kisses, but they do show it in a number of different ways.
ISTJs are one of the personality types who fall in love the slowest. They are naturally risk-averse, particularly when it comes to love.
ISTJs like to take the time to get to know someone before deciding whether they’d make a good partner. They are analytical and will often do research about their love interest in order to understand whether a relationship could work in the long run.
ISTJ flirting style
ISTJs aren’t flirty people and they don’t particularly enjoy it. Being practical and direct, they don’t like to play games.
ISTJs are upfront about their intentions and they appreciate it when they receive the same in return. However, they value tradition and if an ISTJ likes you, they’ll do acts of service like picking you up for your date and booking the best table at a restaurant.
ISTJ sexual energy
ISTJs have a measured sexual energy. They don’t like casual sex for a number of reasons and it usually takes them some time before they are fully comfortable with a partner in the bedroom.
ISTJs enjoy sex more when it’s with someone with who they feel deeply connected. They also need to know they can trust someone before they really open up.
ISTJs have a matter-of-fact and direct communication style. They prefer to focus on details when having conversations.
ISTJs are talented at getting their point across in a clear and efficient manner. As introverts, ISTJs aren’t the best at thinking on their feet and they might need some space to clarify their thoughts before sharing them.
ISTJs won’t speak until they’re clear about what they want to say.
ISTJ best matches
Not sure if you or your partner are an ISTJ? You can take our ISTJ personality test for free today. ISTJs are reliable and rational realists who are attracted to people who help them loosen up and relax. They are attracted to partners who appreciate their dependable nature.
1. ISTJ – ESFP relationships (soulmate compatibility): ISTJs are attracted to the friendly, open, and passionate nature of ESFPs. ESFPs can help ISTJs express their feelings, which can be challenging for ISTJs. ESFPs are attracted to the steady, determined, and hard-working nature of ISTJs. ISTJs can help ESFPs plan for the future instead of taking things as they come.
2. ISTJ – ESTP relationships (soulmate compatibility): ISTJs are attracted to the spontaneity, rationality, and quick-wittedness of ESTPs. ESTPs encourage ISTJs to take risks that don’t come naturally to ISTJs. ESTPs are attracted to the dependable, loyal, and quietly self-assured nature of ISTJs. ISTJs can help ESTPs organize their lives and they are extremely supportive partners.
ISTJ compatibility with all personality types
We have comprehensive guides to the compatibility of ISTJs with each type. Click the links below to read each one:
- • ISTJ – INFP relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ENFP relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISTJ – INFJ relationships: challenging compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ENFJ relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISTJ – INTP relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ENTP relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISTJ – INTJ relationships: challenging compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ENTJ relationships: growth compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ISFJ relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ESFJ relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ISTJ relationships: intriguing compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ESTJ relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ISFP relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ESFP relationships: soulmate compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ISTP relationships: unique compatibility.
- • ISTJ – ESTP relationships: soulmate compatibility.
Find your perfect personality match today
If you’ve enjoyed this blog post and learned who you are most compatible with using our ISTJ compatibility chart, join our dating app based on the 16 personality types today to meet your perfect personality match. You can download So Syncd in your iOS or Android app store.